- Luran® SAN 368R TR77741, Luran® SAN W TR050001 and Luran® SAN C TR552485: Latest commercial Luran grades to comply with Chinese National GB food contact regulations
- Produced in INEOS Styrolution’s Map Ta Phut plant, these grades are compliant with food contact regulations
- INEOS Styrolution continues to raise the bar in food contact safety in the household industry with Luran
SINGAPORE, Oct. 15, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — INEOS Styrolution, the global leader in styrenics, announces today that its Luran® SAN 368R TR77741, Luran® SAN W TR050001 and Luran® SAN C TR552485 are the latest Luran grades to be in compliance with relevant aspects of GB4806.1-2016 (Chinese National Food Safety Standard on General Safety requirements for Food contact Material and Articles) and GB 4806.6-2016 (Chinese National Food Safety Standard on Food-Contact Use of Plastic Resins), the additives used are cleared under GB 9685-2016 (Chinese National Food Safety Standard on Use of Additives in Food Contact Materials and Articles). Produced in INEOS Styrolution’s Map Ta Phut plant, these grades are also compliant with USA Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and European Union (EU) food contact regulations.
- Material of choice for processing and design: The Luran product line from INEOS Styrolution provides outstanding surface quality and excellent transparency, enabling the creation of products that are aesthetically pleasant and durable for daily household use. Luran SAN 368R TR77741 exhibits improved impact resistance for large injection molding parts; Luran SAN W TR050001 is a high flow, water-clear and easy to process grade, widely used in cosmetic applications; and Luran SAN C TR552485 with its unique violet-blue tint exhibits a well-balanced property profile suitable for complex injection molding applications in the household industry.
- High food contact safety: The residual monomer level exhibited in Luran® SAN grades from INEOS Styrolution are amongst the lowest available in the market today, providing the advantage of high food contact safety, particularly for the household industry, which requires food contact compliance for their finished products.
- A versatile and cost effective solution: A trusted material with excellent property retention, INEOS Styrolution’s various Luran grades are widely used in household applications such as water filters, drinkware, mixers/blenders and coffee machine water containers.
“Fulfilling international food contact safety regulations for transparent polymers is one of INEOS Styrolution’s key value propositions to our customers in the household and cosmetics industries,” says Yohann Bach, Director Business Management Transparent Specialties, Asia Pacific. “We collaborate closely with our global partners to continuously renew, improve and differentiate our Luran® portfolio so as to provide our customers with the flexibility to sell their end products in a global market place by fulfilling the food contact safety regulations of the key regions. We also expect more grades from our food contact range to achieve compliance with Chinese National GB food contact regulations in the near future.”
 Full details of our food contact statements are available upon request for our customers for whom this is relevant. These statements also identify certain tests that need to be carried out by the customer on the finished moulded article.
 China, Europe, United States
About INEOS Styrolution
INEOS Styrolution is the leading global styrenics supplier, with a focus on styrene monomer, polystyrene, ABS Standard and styrenic specialties. With world-class production facilities and more than 90 years of experience, INEOS Styrolution helps its customers succeed by offering innovative and sustainable best-in-class solutions, designed to give them a competitive edge in their markets, and at the same time, help make the circular economy for styrenics a reality. The company provides styrenic applications for many everyday products across a broad range of industries, including automotive, electronics, household, construction, healthcare, packaging and toys/sports/leisure. In 2019, sales were at 5 billion euros. INEOS Styrolution employs approximately 3,600 people and operates 20 production sites in ten countries.
For further information, please visit www.ineos-styrolution.com
Follow us on Twitter (@styrolution).
Hui Boon Kwa
Senior Communications Manager, Asia Pacific