Available for the first time in Malaysia, the Galaxy Enterprise Edition supports the digital transformation efforts of industries and companies
Samsung Malaysia Electronics today launched the Galaxy Enterprise Edition in Malaysia, a comprehensive package of business-ready mobile device and services designed to give organisations more continuity, control and protection. The new Enterprise Edition will help them modernise their business for the digital age with an industry-leading offering that includes customisable hardware, easy-to-manage software and end-to-end security.
The currently available Galaxy Enterprise Edition in Malaysia includes the Galaxy XCover 5, a rugged yet sophisticated device designed to handle demanding jobs while meeting the needs of an increasingly mobile workforce. Engineered for the field and factory, the Galaxy XCover 5 combines durability with comfort for a product that is sleek and easy-to-hold, yet rugged enough to withstand tough work environments. It’s built to power today’s mobile business with improved touch sensitivity for use with gloves, and comes with an easy-to-charge, replaceable battery for all day productivity.
With many businesses managing large, disparate workforces or teams working from home and out in the field, the new Galaxy Enterprise Edition makes it easier to configure, update, deploy and run mobile technology across organisations at scale, ensuring employees are always connected and can get the job done on the go, securely.
Unique features of the Galaxy Enterprise Edition include:
- Extended Product Life Cycle: All Galaxy Enterprise Edition devices come with an extended product lifecycle, ensuring they are available longer than standard devices. This makes it much easier to manage your mobile fleet as all users will have the same device.
- Extended Security Support: Galaxy Enterprise Edition devices also receive regular security updates to protect them against emerging threats for a period ranging from 4 to 5 years, depending on the device.
- Defence-Grade Security: All devices are protected by Samsung Knox, Samsung’s defence-grade security platform, from the chip all the way up to the apps. Business users can be assured that their data will be protected in real-time, against emerging threats throughout the device’s entire life cycle.
- Streamlined Provisioning & Configuration: Knox Suite gives IT administrators the ability to tailor and configure Samsung devices to their specific needs right out of the box and manage them from a central location.
- Comprehensive and Simple Device/OS Management: Enterprise Firmware-over-the-air (E-FOTA) makes it easier for IT administrators to manage an entire fleet of devices remotely through centralised operating systems and software updates to make sure the latest OS versions and security patches, once tested, are readily available for all employees.
- Durable and Advanced Smartphone Built for Tough Environments: The Galaxy XCover 5 is equipped with various features to handle demanding jobs and activities. Enhanced shock absorption enables the Galaxy XCover 5 to withstand drops of up to 1.5 meters and IP68-rated dust and water resistance means it can be submerged in over a meter of water for longer than 30 minutes with complete protection against dust. And, as professionals in the field are required to wear gloves due to health and safety precautions, the Glove Touch feature increases touch sensitivity allowing users to operate the device while wearing gloves for quick and convenient use.
“COVID-19 has accelerated the digital transformation efforts of organisations in rethinking enterprise communications, especially for field workers. To this end, we launched the Samsung Galaxy Enterprise Edition in Malaysia to enable organisations to implement hybrid working models, without compromising on security. Our out-of-the-box solutions mean customers can easily set up and run an enterprise mobile ecosystem securely, remotely, and without hassle,” said Edward Han, President of Samsung Electronics Malaysia.
For more information about the Galaxy Enterprise Edition, visit: https://www.samsung.com/my/business/smartphones/enterprise-edition/