Samsung Malaysia Electronics and the Segaris Art Center is proud to announce their collaboration, in conjunction with the gallery’s 10th anniversary celebration, to celebrate the work of local artists and talents in the country.
To mark the grand occasion, Segaris Art Center recently hosted the opening ceremony of its 10th Anniversary Show at Whitebox in Publika, with 106 artworks from 100 Malaysian artists including Juhari Said, Rafiee Ghani, Agnes Lau; Ain Rahman; Jalaini Abu Hassan; and Dato’ Tajuddin Ismail. The exhibition will run until 17th October 2021 and is open to visitors every day from 11am to 6pm.
Through the first-of-its kind artist collaboration with Samsung, 10 paintings from the gallery’s collection have been selected to be featured on Samsung’s digital Art Store from 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022. These includes work by artists including Faizal Suhif, Awang Damit Ahmad, Alicia Lau which are made available exclusively to The Frame lifestyle TV users in Malaysia.
The Art Store is an art platform exclusive to Samsung’s Lifestyle TV ‘The Frame’, holding over 1,600 art pieces for consumers to choose from, based on their preferred interior style. As an innovative art platform, The Frame can be seen at the exhibition to showcase contemporary multimedia artwork from artists like Haris Abadi and Shahrul Hisham.
Highlights from the Segaris Art Center 10th Anniversary Show opening ceremony:
Segaris and partners pictured at the pulut kuning cutting ceremony to officiate the 10th Anniversary Show. From left,
- Faridah Mohammed Hashim, Head of Group Branding and Communications, CIMB Group
- Dato’ Sri Dr Haji Irmohizam Haji Ibrahim, UiTM Board Member
- Suffian Abdullah, Chief Executive Office, UEM Sunrise
- Muhammad Mubarak Ishak, Acting Group CEO, UiTM Holdings
- Mohd Nizam Rahmat, Chief Executive Office, Segaris Art Center
- Jimmy Tan, Head of Consumer Electronics, Samsung Malaysia Electronics
- Calvert Yap, Head of TV & Audio Visual, Samsung Malaysia Electronics
- Izan Satrina Mohd Sallehuddin, Chief Executive Office, CENDANA
(l-r) Mohd Nizam Rahmat, Segaris Art Center’s Chief Executive Officer handing a token of appreciation to Calvert Yap, Head of TV & Audio Visual, Samsung Malaysia Electronics
Visitors admiring multimedia artwork by Haris Abadi on Samsung’s The Frame 43’’ TV