Today Spotify is expanding Blend – a feature which allows users to create shared playlists with two new features:
- Blend with some of your favorite artists including BTS. Connecting artists and fans on an even deeper level, Blend will now allow users to merge musical tastes starting with 20 artists.
- Create a Blend playlist with up to 10 people. Previously, users could Blend with one friend or family member at a time. Starting today, users can expand their listening tribe with up to 10 people in a group, whether it’s their fellow music stans, close friends or chosen family.
Connect deeply with music
Launched in August 2021, Spotify Blend combines the best of the platform’s personalisation capabilities and collaborative playlist functionality into a single shared playlist, making it even easier for users to connect, discover, and bond over the music they love. Available for Free and Premium users, music lovers can create personalized playlist in three easy steps –
- Create + Invite: Just search “Blend” within the “Search” tab on Spotify. Then, tap “Invite” to select people to Blend with.
- Blend: Once your friend has accepted the invite, Spotify will generate your shared Blend playlist, which will include songs and recommendations that reflect everyone’s music preferences and tastes. You’ll even be able to see which songs were added for which friend.
- Listen + Share: After everyone has joined the collaborative playlist, you and your friends will receive a custom share card that you can use to spread the word on social media.
Bringing fans closer to their favorite artists
Those who are eager to connect more deeply with their favorite artists can now create a Blend playlist with a growing list of top artists, including BTS, AB6IX, Charli XCX, Kacey Musgraves, Lauv, Megan Thee Stallion, Mimi Webb, Tai Verdes, Xamã, Camilo, Diplo, Angèle, Badshah, Kim Loaiza, CRO, Benjamin Ingrosso and Bennett Coast.
To start the Blend, simply click on the link above and a shared playlist will be automatically generated. Users will also receive a sharecard showing their listening preferences in relation to the artist’s, and the songs that bring them and their idol together. This may be shared directly to Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, or Twitter.
For more information, visit Spotify For The Record here.